My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Sunday 4 September 2016

Fall is in the Air!

As the mornings get cooler and the night air makes you pull a blanket tighter you just know that fall is quickly creeping up.  It's time to change my summer wreath on my front door to the colourful leaf one that I have stored in the basement.  Today I am wearing a sweater and I even pulled out my socks.  Yes, it's that time of year.


Another indication of Fall is seeing the schools gearing up and once again I am part of that rush.  Two weeks ago the students of Prairie starting returning and the noise level went up a few octaves.
Picture used from Prairie Facebook page.
I worked 4 days and then took a day to go and help out my own boy with his renovations.  We worked like dogs....okay, much harder than dogs.
We cleaned, straightened, trimmed, painted and then went to bed (or in my case, the couch) and did it all over again the next day.  Thankfully for all of us the renovations are coming along nicely and things are starting to look really good.  Here is a sneak preview of the bathroom:


 On the way home I was extremely tired but happy that I could help out.  I had to pull over to take a picture of a beautiful Fall field. 
On Tuesday, I went back to work and worked long hours through the week to try and get things done for orientation and for myself being oriented.  Part of the day I spent with "my boss" chopping meat and onions for a big dinner the next evening.  I've never been paid before to prepare dinner.  This may just be my perfect job!


Wednesday was a full day...first desk work and then dinner work.  Emma's house was full of students and there was lots of food.

It was interesting to hear and see the students respond when the RCMP showed up.  This was the first time that they had met me and were just learning that I was married to a police officer.
I think Ron enjoyed visiting with the students and faculty and he especially enjoyed the dinner.


On Thursday I had another interesting day.  First we had chapel.  (I get paid to go to church too!)  Brian Doerksen led in worship.  I have paid to go to one of his concerts before and now I'm getting paid to listen to him.  Not bad!  Right after chapel we loaded up a team to head to the airport. 
This group will be gone for eight months travelling to many different countries.  I will be following them through their blogs and personal emails.  It will be interesting to hear all about their work on the Mission Field. 


It's been an interesting couple of weeks.  I'm looking forward to understanding my job a little better and I love the flexibility that they have offered me.  Everyone else has a 3 day weekend but I've got a 4.  Fall also means that most people are returning from their holidays and I was so excited to welcome Andrew and Brianne home from Ontario.


So as the days grow shorter and the nights grow colder I will be settling into the school year as I have done so many Falls before.

No comments: