My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Saturday 24 September 2016

Our Fall(s) Tour

Fall is a favourite time of year for me.  Back in those Ontario days it meant a few colour drives and one would definitely be around my birthday to Algonquin Park to see the magnificent display of maple leaves.  Another one came in October when we would spend the day at the hunting camp doing lots of walking through the paths.  I loved the crunch of leaves under my feet or the spectacular view that we got when we climbed the Big Rock to enjoy the colours that surrounded the area.


As time goes by and we can't do the same thing anymore we create new fall tours.  Last weekend we left on Saturday morning and travelled through Kananaskis.  It's a beautiful place to drive through any time of the year.
The colours didn't disappoint us and neither did the animals that strolled past us as we drove along the highway.

We drove through familiar territory but never tiring of the majestic rocky mountains.  We stopped occasionally to take pictures or explore a trail.



We had wanted to take the motorcycle on this trip but were very thankful for the truck with the temperature being a little chilly and a few rain showers along the way.  We crossed the border into British Columbia and spent the night in Cranbrook where we enjoyed a delicious supper at a German Restaurant.  The next morning the fog hung heavy over for the mountains which made for ever changing views.
At this point we were going through new territory and it was beautiful.
We stopped at a Kootenay Lake Church and it had to be the friendliest church ever.  It was a small church but everyone knew our name by the end of the service and even knew what we did and where we lived.

From there we caught a ferry and crossed the Kootenay Lake.  It was a relaxing way to enjoy the scenery and another cup of tea.
 On the other side of the lake we found more curvy roads, little towns to explore and lots of beautiful fall pictures to take.
 We spent the night in Revelstoke after taking another ferry.  After a good night sleep we were ready to turn this fall tour into a falls tour.  We hiked about 45 minutes into Wapta Falls. 





Bear Spray in one pocket and a knife on his belt...He's my protector!


From Wapta Falls we drove to Takakkaw Falls and walked into enjoy the area.





It was a beautiful couple of days and I was not disappointed with the fall colours or the Falls that we found.  I especially enjoyed my tour guide. 
And so with that weekend gone it's time to plan my birthday adventure.  Tomorrow we are off to Canmore and Banff and then we will spend the day at Lake Louise on Monday.
And yes, today is my birthday.  Last night I was treated special by Andrew and Brianne who gave me a Pandora bracelet.  I had phone calls and one came with little voices singing Happy Birthday to Nanny.  I have received well wishes via the cyber world.  I feel loved but just not on my birthday, always.

No comments: