My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Wednesday 28 February 2018

Stay and Ski

It's always great when Ron's days off line up with our son's.  We headed towards his house which means the mountains were in view.  The next morning we all headed to Kananskis.  The roads were a little iffy but we took our time.
The mountains sheltered us from the wind and we put on our skis and hooked up the dogs and off we went down the trail.
Everyone had a dog except me so they quickly passed me by.


And I was left alone with the quiet trees and majestic mountains to keep me company.


It was a beautiful day and the trails were perfect.  We all had a good work out.
We spent the night playing games and then the next morning we got up to do it all over again.  We headed towards the Lake Louise area.  The trail was quite different and the views were spectacular.

  I skied while the guys headed out with the dogs.

We had hills to climb and then slide down.  It will a little more work but it was so beautiful.
At 2.9 km we decided to make it a full 3 km before we turned around.  We headed a little further and started down a hill.  I couldn't stop and when I finally "crashed" we had gone 3.9 km.  

I made my way up the hill and just when we got into the sun again I realized that when I had fallen I had lost my sunglasses.  I took my skis off and walked down to get them.  I got even better exercise by retracing my steps.

It was a great few days...enjoyed by all those with two legs and four legs. 
I heard someone say this week that this has been a long cold winter.  I smiled as I thought that it hadn't been long at all.  We have tried to take advantage of the snow.  I'm even hoping for more to fall this week so we can have another few times out with the skis.

One month from tonight I will be in the hospital post surgery and my skis will be away for the season so I will try and take advantage of every opportunity to enjoy the weather.

No comments: