My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Thursday 22 March 2018

Hibernating

I know that it is the wrong time of year to be hibernating since according to the calendar it is Spring (I don't think Alberta got the memo) but this is my season to shut down and stay put.  On Tuesday, I packed up my desk and moved it home.  I needed to shut myself away from the coughs, sneezes and stomach flus that were all around me.  The last thing I need is to get sick before the surgery.

Speaking of the surgery....one week from today I will be anxiously waiting in the hospital to be released and sent home...but before that I've got my lists going.

Today - get laundry and ironing caught up, take a call from the pre-op nurse, get some work done for the college, have a pizza/hockey/games night with Andrew and Brianne.  Get outside for a walk.

Friday - more college work, make tomato soup and homemade bread, exercise.

Saturday -  a little bit of college work, movies, rest, final clean through the house and a walk. 

Sunday - church, rest, movies and of course, some exercise.

Monday - pack, book Jenn's plane seat, get excited about Jenn coming and try not to think about why she is coming.  Ron will be home so we will catch up on some shows, go for a walk and relax.

Tuesday - pick up Jenn from the airport.  Pick up her brother along the way and head to Banff for lunch!  Perhaps we shall make it to Lake Louise or Johnson Canyon.

Hibernating doesn't sound too bad especially when it looks like this outside.
The patio chair doesn't look too inviting today.  This will be my last blog until after surgery. 

Now, what would Winnie the Pooh do to hibernate...gotta go have some honey on my bagel.

1 comment:

Candice said...

I’ve been following your posts, Penny, and you have been our family’s thoughts and prayers. The boys still remember you and “Police Man Ron,” who drives the motorcycle 🙂. Praying surgery goes well, and God’s peace fills you.